Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Update on the Media

Dear Friends,

After my rebuke of the media yesterday about not keeping the Gulf of Mexico oil spill in the news, imagine my surprise this morning when I saw a front page article about the spill in The New York Times and a caption on the front page of the Minneapolis StarTribune about a big article on page 3 on the oil spill.  The online version of The New York Times article is here.

There are two ways to look at this turnaround in coverage.  One way is that I jumped the gun in criticizing the media.  The other is that my blog caused the editors to get on the stick and cover this environmental disaster.  I, of course, prefer the later approach.

Thanks for reading and please comment,
The Unabashed Liberal

4 comments:

  1. yeah,i'm thinking it was probably the latter.

    I taught about shore birds today to some 3rd graders. We're writing bird books, so we talked about the oil spill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great that kids are being taught to see the connection between what people do to the environment and what happens to wildlife. Your students are lucky to have you as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thx, UL. The kiddos like knowing what's going on in their world.

    ReplyDelete