Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pain au chocolat

Dear Friends,

It is Sunday morning here.  The sun is shining brightly through the French doors to our balcony facing the bay.  The flashing white light from the lighthouse on Cap Ferrat has given way to the bright sun rising.  While the temperature is 52 degrees, it feels much warmer because of the beautiful sun and lack of wind.  I walked up the hill in my shirt sleeves to the pâtisserie to get two pain au chocolat for breakfast.  Here they are on the coffee table in our living room.  Note the tulips.

The entire transaction was conducted en français as were all the other transactions while I was in the shop because all the other people were French.  Of course I did this after I hung the wash on the clothes line outside the bedroom window.  We are really French now.

As I walked home past the church, I heard the choir singing as I gazed at the beautiful bay in front of me.  Life is really great.

Thanks for reading and please comment,
The Unabashed Liberal

No comments:

Post a Comment