Friday, July 15, 2011

Iraq

Dear Friends,

For reasons beyond comprehension, there appears to be a debate about keeping troops in Iraq after the end of this year.  As Barney Franks said last night, that is longer than President Bush was going to keep troops in Iraq.

According to President Obama we must cut spending even on really important social programs at home, yet we have money to keep troops in Iraq indefinitely in contradiction of his promise to bring them all home by the end of this year.

Another promise broken.  Another attempt to out Republican the Republicans.

Thanks for reading and please comment,
The Unabashed Liberal

1 comment:

  1. I am watching the news and the talking pundits. Calling the President a liar is over the top. What the Republicans and their rich corporate partners like the Koch Brothers are doing is trying to split America. I know this a war with to split America, I know that a lot of my Republican friends cannot believe this.

    I do not want a war but war it is. I am tired of every time Obama something even if the Republicans agreed with it 2 months ago, now they disagree.

    I am sorry to one of my Republican friend, I hate losing friends but war can make widows.

    ReplyDelete