Friday, January 11, 2019

Villefranche-sur-mer 2019 - 2 Our Apartment

Dear Friends,

I think it is important for your enjoyment of our stay in Villefranche that you understand how wonderful the apartment we are staying in is.  I want it clear that I am not rubbing it in that I am here on the Côte d'Azur, and you are wherever you are that is not here.

I have described our apartment in detail in a post a few years ago here.  It is great. We are here each year for the month of January but unfortunately have to move to another apartment for February.

We have always had trouble spotting our apartment from the other side of the rade (harbor/bay) of Villefranche.  So the other day, I walked to the other side.  Here is what it looks like from our apartment using a telephoto lens.  It is about 0.4 miles from our apartment to the other shore shown below.


We put some colorful clothes on our balcony to help spot our apartment.  I then walked around to the other side, leaving Jane in the apartment.  She could see me, but it took a couple of phone calls and some handkerchief waving for me to spot her.  This picture shows our apartment but amongst many others.


As you can see we are right in the middle of the Vieille Ville just back up a steep hill from the water.
As I zoom in you can see our apartment more clearly.  We would normally move to the apartment on the right of the picture that appears to be shrink wrapped for the month of February.  Since the exterior needed to be redone and our landlady decided to take this opportunity to remodel the apartment, this year we will move to a smaller apartment that you cannot see in these pictures.


Here you can see Jane waving from the balcony.


Now that we have done this study, we can easily see our apartment without the help of a telephoto lens.  

Thanks for reading and please comment,
The Unabashed Liberal






No comments:

Post a Comment