Sunday, January 1, 2017

Selma, White Privilege and Me

Dear Friends,

I watched the movie "Selma" tonight.  While those brave people were risking their lives, I was safely ensconced in my private high school and then private college.  Since then only on a few occasions have I gone to the streets to protect others.  No more!!  As I pointed out in my prior post "democracy is in the streets".  We cannot sit back in our comfortable homes and watch President-elect Trump destroy our country and our world.  We have made painfully slow progress on some types of equality.  We must not go back.  In fact we must move forward and not at a painfully slow rate.  We need to accelerate progress.  Democracy is in the streets and that is where we need to be.

Thanks for reading and please comment,
The Unabashed Liberal

No comments:

Post a Comment