Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Protests

Dear Friends,

Today I spent several hours protesting President Obama's wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Somalia, Pakistan, etc. when he came to Minneapolis to speak to the American Legion convention.  It was really a protest about priorities.  We spend trillions on war and fail to take care of our veterans, our children, the poor, the infrastructure, the schools, etc.  What kind of a nation have we become when military spending is more important than people?

I do not really think that my protest will change anything, but I can always hope, but I am glad that I exercised my Constitutional right to protest.  I hope that my grandchildren will be able to exercise their Constitutional rights when they are my age, and I hope they do.

Thanks for reading and please comment,
The Unabashed Liberal

1 comment:

  1. Great model for your grandsons. And for all of us!

    Planning a blog on the jobs speech soon? Would like to hear
    your take on it.

    ReplyDelete